Employment disputes are among the most challenging forms of employment litigation for companies and individuals to manage. They compound the complexities of employment law and the regulatory environment and can raise operational and emotional considerations that require delicate handling. We offer a unique depth of experience in representing employers, small to large, and executives in various employment claims. As always, we seek to steer contentious situations to the client’s greatest advantage, whether through negotiation or litigation. Our attorneys have tried employment law cases on behalf of defendants, plaintiffs, companies, and individuals in a variety of industries and in state and federal court. This perspective enables us to better anticipate the opposition’s moves and gain the upper hand in negotiations, formal mediations, arbitrations and the courtroom. Some of the common legal areas our attorneys have extensive experience handling are as follows:
- Wrongful Termination
- Discrimination and retaliation
- Sexual or racial harassment
- Disability accommodation and protected leave
- Whistleblower and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Executive employment agreements, including non-competition and non-solicitation
- Theft of trade secrets and confidential information
- Wage and Hour disputes
- Class Actions
Additionally, we regularly handle employment law claims and disputes filed with state and federal agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Texas Workforce Commission, the U.S. Department of Labor, and OSHA.
Our attorneys also provide general advice and assistance to companies on a day-to-day basis on a myriad of legal issues, including employment policies and agreements, wage and hour compliance, terminations and reductions in force, and other employment law issues that management and human resources personnel face daily. We draft and review employment-related agreements, policies, and forms, including offer letters, termination notices, and employment contracts. The extensive experience our attorneys have from litigating employment matters enhances our ability to advise corporations, educational institutions, and individual executives in recognizing and avoiding the potential for employment litigation. We aim to be our clients’ one-stop shop for all of their employment law needs.
Our Employment Litigation Experience Includes:
- Employment discrimination litigation (allegations of sex, race, national origin, sexual orientation, leave, disability, veteran status, age, and whistleblower discrimination and retaliation), both on an individual and class basis
- Collective and class action wage and hour claims based on the Fair Labor Standards Act and state laws throughout the country
- Defamation, whistleblower and retaliation claims, including workers’ compensation retaliation claims
- Sarbanes-Oxley investigations and litigation
- Employment contract disputes, including stock option agreements, payout provisions and other types of incentive plans, as well as confidentiality/NDA, non-competition, and non-solicitation agreements
- Representation before federal and state administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, the National Labor Relations Board, the Occupational Health and Safety Administration, and the Texas Workforce Commission
- Negotiating executive employment agreements, compensation plans, independent contractor agreements, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, settlement, and separation agreements, on behalf of both companies and individuals.
- Counseling and advising clients on internal employment policies and procedures, leave issues, employment law compliance, wage and hour compliance and handling of internal employment-related disputes and issues in an effort to minimize or avoid litigation.